Young leaders at Watton at stone school
At Watton at Stone school we believe that it is vital that we offer our children opportunities which will allow them to develop skills to assist them in all aspects of their future lives, and to help them achieve their Full Potential (one of our School Values)
In order to achieve this, the children participate in, for example; Pupil Parliament, taking the lead in assembly's and running Fund raising activities, and in Year 6 the children are given the chance to stand as House and Vice Captain. Each child who wishes to be considered for these roles prepare and deliver a speech, detailing why they should be chosen. They then have the daunting task of delivering their speech in front of the children in their house teams. Following their speeches a vote took place to decide the new House and Vice Captains.
To ensure that the children were completely aware of the role of House and Vice Captain, a Job Description was provided...would you meet the requirements?
- Lead and support the children of your House in a variety of House Competitions (either face to face or virtually)
- Work closely with the Headteacher, providing ideas and support for competitions and House related activities
- Help organise and lead regular House Meetings (as soon as this is possible)
- Collect, monitor and announce House Points (at present you will just be announcing house points weekly due to COVID 19)
- Attend half termly meetings with the Headteacher
- Inspire the children of your House
- Be an excellent role model in behaviour, attitude and dress at all times
- Be available for ‘out of school’ fundraising events such as fetes, after school bake sales etc
Characteristics of House and Vice House Captains
- Polite and well-mannered
- Organised and committed
- A confident speaker
- Well-presented in uniform and appearance
- Able to liaise and converse with staff, students and the wider community
- Desire to act responsibly and to be a role model for other students
- Be caring, mature and honest
We expect you:
- To be a positive role model and ambassador for the school, demonstrating our school values.
- To be enthusiastic and committed to the House System at Watton at Stone Primary and Nursery School
- To be friendly and positive with all students, particularly within your House.
- To be part of the team of House Captains who work together to achieve success for all.
We are pleased to present your House and Vice Captains for this year - 2021- 2022
YELLOW TEAM - House Captain is Lucia and Vice Captain is Thomas
BLUE TEAM - House Captain is Dexter and Vice Captain is Zach
GREEN TEAM - House Captain is Dylan and Vice Captain is Matilda
RED TEAM - House Captain is Harry and Vice Captain is Aimee
JOB VACANCIES AT WATTON AT STONE
Young Leaders required to fill the following positions.... look at the job specification and if you think you can fulfil that role, then the application form is there too! We are looking forward to receiving your applications!
Closing date for applications - Friday 4th December.
Interview dates to be arranged!