Young leaders at Watton at stone school
At Watton at Stone school we believe that it is vital that we offer our children opportunities which will allow them to develop leadership skills to assist them in all aspects of their future lives, and to help them achieve their full potential.
In order to achieve this, the children participate in, for example; Pupil Parliament, taking the lead in assembly's and running fund raising activities, and in Year 6 the children are given the chance to stand as House and Vice Captain.
House and Vice House Captains
Each child who wishes to be considered for one of these roles prepare and deliver a speech, detailing why they should be chosen. They then have the daunting task of delivering their speech in front of the children in their house teams. Following their speeches a democratic vote took place to decide the new House and Vice Captains.
To ensure that the children were completely aware of the role of House and Vice Captain, a Job Description was provided...would you meet the requirements?
- Lead and support the children of your House in a variety of House Competitions
- Work closely with the Headteacher, providing ideas and support for competitions and House related activities
- Help organise and lead regular House Meetings
- Collect, monitor and announce House Points
- Attend half termly meetings with the Headteacher
- Inspire the children of your House
- Be an excellent role model in behaviour, attitude and dress at all times
- Be available for ‘out of school’ fundraising events such as fetes, after school bake sales etc
- Characteristics of House and Vice House Captains
- Polite and well-mannered
- Organised and committed
- A confident speaker
- Well-presented in uniform and appearance
- Able to liaise and converse with staff, students and the wider community
- Desire to act responsibly and to be a role model for other students
- Be caring, mature and honest
We expect you:
- To be a positive role model and ambassador for the school, demonstrating our school values.
- To be enthusiastic and committed to the House System at Watton at Stone Primary and Nursery School
- To be friendly and positive with all students, particularly within your House.
- To be part of the team of House Captains who work together to achieve success for all.
Archbishop of York Youth Trust Young Leader Award
The KS2 Award is a fully resourced leadership and character education programme where pupils have practical opportunities to volunteer and help others in their community.
Through the scheme the children in Y5 will have the opportunity to explore:
- Personal challenges to help others in small ways
- School challenges to practice leadership skills
- Organise your own community action project
Roles and Responsibilities.
Alex, Alfie C, Annabelle, Cornelius, Ewen, Megan, Neave, Oliver and Robson
Alfie M, Callum, Darcie, Esmae, Jonah
Annabelle, Caitlin, Bertie, Megan, Neave
House Point Monitor
Lenny and Maisie
We are pleased to present your House and Vice Captains for this year - 2023- 2024
YELLOW TEAM - House Captain is Alfie M and Vice Captain is Annabelle T.
BLUE TEAM - House Captain is Neave D and Vice Captain is Elliot C.
GREEN TEAM - House Captain is Ewen C and Vice Captain is Darcie C.
RED TEAM - House Captain is Oliver G and Vice Captain is Robson C.