The Headteacher and Governing Body of Watton at Stone Primary and Nursery School are very pleased to welcome voluntary helpers to work in the school alongside the staff. They believe it to be of great value to the children, and to the whole school community. If you would like to help in school on a regular basis (once a week or more), please contact the Headteacher to talk through your availability and we will arrange for a DBS check to be completed.
Be Safe, Be Happy
- This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
- This means that we have a child protection policy and procedures in place. All staff (including supply staff, volunteers and governors) must ensure that they are aware of these procedures. Parents and carers are welcome to read the policy on our policies page of the school website.
- The school provides training to staff in relation to safeguarding and protection of young people that will be provided at the intervals laid out in national regulation and guidance.
- The school has recruitment procedures that support the safeguarding of young people, as laid out in the school’s recruitment policy and DBS Clearance procedure and national guidance.
- Sometimes we may need to share information and work in partnership with other agencies when there are concerns about a child’s welfare. We will ensure that our concerns about our pupils are discussed with his/her parents/carers first unless we have reason to believe that such a move would be contrary to the child’s welfare.
Our Designated Child Protection Staff are:
- Mrs N.Etienne – Headteacher Designated Safeguarding Lead
- Mrs S.Gill- Deputy Headteacher (deputy safeguarding lead)
- Miss E.Chatman - Early Years Lead (deputy safeguarding lead)