Our teacher is Miss Oakley.
Our teaching assistant is Miss Knott.
Mrs Stevens teaches us on Monday afternoons.
Ms Ramirez teaches us on Thursday afternoons.
This year all of the classes at Watton are named after inspirational people from Hertfordshire.
Our class chose to be named after George Ezra who is a famous singer and song writer from Hertford.
George Ezra was born and raised in Hertford. He attended Bengeo Primary School and Simon Balle Secondary School.
In 2019 he won the Brit award for British Male Solo Artist and in 2023 is a name well-known across the globe due to many popular hit tracks such as 'Shotgun', 'Budapest' and 'Green, green grass'.
We find George Ezra inspiring as he has achieved so much in the music industry but also because his music makes us feel..
"happy", "joyful", "excited" and is "really fun to sing and dance to"!
- PE is on Mondays and Tuesdays. Please come to school in PE kit on both of these days.
- Lunch boxes need to be named.
- Uniform needs to be named and in line with our school uniform policy.
- Homework is set every Friday and due in every Wednesday.
The children are expected to complete 1 reading comprehension task from their CPG booklet and 1 times table task from their CPG booklet every week.
There will be a maths task set fortnightly which will be directly linked to the unit of learning we are covering at school.
There will be 3 optional homework activities set each half term.
- Spellings are tested every Friday. Scores will be recorded in the children's homework book and new spellings will be sent home each week via Marvellous Me.
- Reading should be done at home at least 5 times a week and recorded in your orange home reading journal.
- Book changing days are Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.
- Water bottles should be in school every day and then taken home to be washed each evening.
- Milk is available to order via the admin office.
- Marvellous Me is an APP we use to send home messages, badges and marvellous updates about the children.
Click here to view the Parent Information PowerPoint
The above PowerPoint was shared with Parents at the information welcome meeting on 07/09/23.
Click to view - Year 3 Autumn Term 1 Homework grid
Ezra class curriculum overview:
Ezra class timetable: