Forest School is on a Monday morning. Please ensure that arms and legs are covered - regardless of the weather!
Carson Class (Reception)
Our Teacher is Mrs Goodman, supported by Miss Dell, Mrs Hurley and Miss Gooch.
Mrs Byles will be with us until Christmas, and then again in the summer term, to complete her PGCE
Mrs Clark will be working with us on a Thursday afternoon
- Books - Reading Books for you to read at home with your child will be sent out soon. Ideally you should be reading 5 x a week at home to really build up the children's skills and confidence. We will the reading books weekly. Please place in the blue box outside the classroom on your day.
- Library - alongside reading books your child will visit the library on a Monday. Again, returned books can be placed in the blue box outside.
Clothes - Please make sure all clothes are named. If your names are written in pen they do fade after several washes. Please check regularly. We can easily return clothes that are named...
PE day is a Friday (please make sure no earrings are worn). Children are to come to school dressed in their PE clothes. We will advise when this will commence.
- Forest school - Forest School will start on Monday 12th September. Please ensure that children are appropriately dressed (dark joggers/school jumpers) and that spare shoes (suitable for the classroom) and brought into wear after our visit.
- Water bottles/snacks - should be brought into school each day. Only water please, no squash. If you wish your child to have a healthy afternoon snack, please put in the book bags.
- Phonics - we are busy learning our sounds at school and also learning to write them. If you practise at home, please concentrate on lower case letters at this stage (except perhaps for the capital at the beginning of their name) and encourage them to form them correctly right from the very start!
- New to Reception
- Welcome to Reception powerpoint
- New to Reception Information Booklet
- Changes to Tapestry letter