Forest School is on a Monday. Please ensure that arms and legs are covered - regardless of the weather!
Donaldson Class (Reception)
Our Teacher is Mrs Goodman, supported by Miss Dell and Mrs Hurley.
Mrs Clark will be working with us on a Thursday afternoon and Mrs Alston will be helping in class Monday to Wednesday mornings.
We will also have Miss Wilkinson join us for a few weeks this term, and then from March to May 2022 as she completes her teacher training.
- Books - During this term we will be sending out Reading Books for you to read at home with your child. Initially, they may be story books to share together, but as they become more confident with their phonics we will move onto decodable phonic reading books. Please make sure your child has their book and reading records in school everyday and that you sign their reading record when you have read with them at home. Children's reading books will be changed weekly - if they have been read at home!. A whole school expectation is that children read at least 5 times a week.
- Library - alongside reading books your child will visit the li
Clothes - Please make sure all clothes are named. If your names are written in pen they do fade after several washes. Please check regularly. We can easily return clothes that are named...
PE day is a Friday (please make sure no earrings are worn). Children are to come to school dressed in their PE clothes. We will advise when this will commence.
- Forest school - Forest School starts on Monday 13th September. Please ensure that children are appropriately dressed and that spare shoes (suitable for the classroom) and brought into wear after our visit.
- Water bottles/snacks - should be brought into school each day. Only water please, no squash. If you wish your child to have an afternoon snack, please put in the book bags.
- Phonics - we are busy learning our sounds at school and also learning to write them. If you practise at home, please concentrate on lower case letters at this stage (except perhaps for the capital at the beginning of their name) and encourage them to form them correctly right from the very start!
- New to Reception
- Welcome to Reception powerpoint
- New to Reception Information Booklet
- Changes to Tapestry letter