Welcome to The Wallace Class!
Wallace (Year 6)
All classes are named after scientists this year. Our class is named after Alfred WallaceOM FRS. He was a British naturalist, explorer, geographer, anthropologist, biologist and illustrator. He is best known for independently conceiving the theory of evolution through natural selection before Darwin.
Wallace lived in Hertford and went to Hertford Boys Grammar (known as Richard Hale to us!)
Can you spot this plaque in St. Andrews Street, Hertford ?
Mrs Roberts Mrs Shortland Miss Knott Mrs Stevens Ms Ramirez
Class Teacher Class TA Class TA (PE) (Swimming)
(mornings) (3 afternoons)
- PE: Currently, Outdoor PE will take place on a Monday. Please send your child into school in their PE kits and remove jewellery if they are unable to remove it themselves. Swimming is on Thursday.
Homework will be given out on a Friday to be completed and returned by the following Wednesday. Please ensure your child completes all of their homework every week as we mark it together in Year 6 and they need to be actively involved in the lesson. Letter is attached to their homework books, but below is a quick reminder.
- Spelling:test on Friday
- Times tables: test on Friday
- Maths task: one linked to class work will be set each week
- Comprehension Task: either Reading Plus or Comprehension Book (1 per week)
- Reading: 5x a week (or more). Those with Reading Plus can count 3 RP activities as part of their 5x
- SPAG: one linked to class work will be set each week