Welcome to The Wallace Class!
Wallace (Year 6)
All classes are named after scientists this year. Our class is named after Alfred WallaceOM FRS. He was a British naturalist, explorer, geographer, anthropologist, biologist and illustrator. He is best known for independently conceiving the theory of evolution through natural selection before Darwin.
Wallace lived in Hertford and went to Hertford Boys Grammar (known as Richard Hale to us!)
Can you spot this plaque in St. Andrews Street, Hertford ?
Mrs Roberts Mrs Shortland Miss Knott Mrs Stevens Ms Ramirez
Class Teacher Class TA Class TA (PE - Mon pm) (Friday pm)
(Every morning (Mon,Tue, Fri
and Wed.pm) afternoons)
- PE: Currently, Outdoor PE will take place on a Monday and indoor PE on Thursday. Please send your child into school in their PE kits and remove jewellery if they are unable to remove it themselves.
Homework will be given out on a Friday to be completed and returned by the following Wednesday. Please ensure your child completes all of their homework every week as we mark it together in Year 6 and they need to be actively involved in the lesson. Letter is attached to their homework books, but below is a quick reminder.
- Spelling:test on Friday and activity based on the words we are learning (CGP or other)
- Maths task: one linked to class work will be set each week and 10 arithmetic questions
- Comprehension Task: either Reading Plus or Comprehension Book (1 per week)
- Reading: 5x a week (or more). Those with Reading Plus can count 3 RP activities as part of their 5x
USEFUL LINKS FOR ONLINE SATS PRACTICE
HALF TERM SATS PAPERS PRACTICE
Additional SPAG paper mark-scheme
Angles - lesson power points:
2 - missing angles