Welcome to The Blackman Class!
Blackman (Year 6)
All classes are named after authors this year. Our class is named after Malorie Blackman, see the link below for some of her books. We will be reading some in class, and finding out more about her writing.
Mrs Roberts (Class Teacher) Mrs Stevens (Class TA)
Mrs Sullivan (HLTA)
Will be teaching us on Thursday mornings)
Mr Bramley and Mrs Humby volunteer in our class too.
- PE: Currently, Outdoor PE will take place on a Tuesday, indoor PE is on a Friday. Please send your child into school in their PE kits and remove jewellery if they are unable to remove it themselves.
- Reading: Please remember to keep reading with your child every night. Even if they are free readers, please ask them questions and discuss what they are reading. We would like children to read at least 5 times a week. Just a quick note in their reading record book, together with a parent/carer signature, will earn them rewards such as house points. We will be setting tasks each week.
- Homework will be given out on a Friday to be completed and returned by the following Wednesday. Please ensure your child completes all of their homework every week.
- Spelling: Spelling test on Friday
- Parents Information PowerPoint (Click on link)
- Autumn Term Timetable (click on link)
- Autumn Term Curriculum map (click on link)
- Autumn Term 1 Homework choices (click on link)
- Marvellous me: We will still be using this APP to send messages and rewards.