Welcome to The Wonder Class!
Wonders (Year 5)
Our class was to be named after an inspirational musician. We had a class discussion and found out facts about many artists and what made them inspirational. After research and a class vote, we decided we wanted to be named after the Wonderful Stevie Wonder.
Our teacher is Mrs Roberts. Our Teaching Assistant is Miss Knott. Ms Ramirez teaches us Art/DT and PSHE.
Mrs Roberts Miss Knott Ms Ramirez
- PE: Currently, Outdoor PE will take place on a Tuesday. Please send your child into school in their PE kits and remove jewellery if they are unable to remove it themselves.
- Reading: Please remember to keep reading with your child every night. Even if they are able readers please ask them questions and discuss what they are reading. We would like children to read at least 5 times a week (this will include using Reading Plus.) Just a quick note in their reading record book, together with a parent/carer signature, will earn them rewards such as house points.
- Homework will be given out on a Friday to be completed and returned by the following Wednesday. Please ensure your child completes all of their homework every week. We are currently looking at how to set homework electronically.
- Spelling: Spelling test on Thursday.
- Autumn Term 1 Curriculum map (click on link)
- Autumn Term 1 Homework choices (click on link)
- Marvellous me: Some parents were having trouble reading and downloading homework documents on their phones. When you open the message, you should be given the option to view or download. Viewing seems to work.If you download, then you need to locate your download files on your phone. Hopefully, this will become easier as we all get used to the new APP.