Welcome to the Galileo class page. Our PE days are Wednesday and Friday.
Galileo (Year 5)
All classes are named after scientists this year. Our class is named after Galileo Galilei as his work closely links to our science unit of Earth and Space.
Our teacher is Mr Ring and our Teaching Assistant is Mrs Stevens. Ms Ramirez will teach us on Friday mornings.
Information presentation for parents: click here
Autumn term curriculum map: click here
Autumn term homework choices: click here
Watery Science homework: click here
- PE: Currently, Outdoor PE will take place on a Wednesday and indoor PE will be on Fridays. Please send your child into school in their PE kits and remove jewellery if they are unable to remove it themselves. We will be swimming later in the year.
- Reading: Please remember to keep reading with your child every night. Even if they are able readers please ask them questions and discuss what they are reading. We would like children to read at least 5 times a week (this will include using Reading Plus 3 times a week). Just a quick note in their reading record book, together with a parent/carer signature, will earn them rewards such as house points.
- Homework will be given out on a Friday to be completed and returned by the following Wednesday. Please ensure your child completes all of their homework every week.
- Spelling: Spellings and times tables to be learnt for a test on Friday.
Here is a timetable of a typical week in Year 5:
- Class Blog for more information on how you can support your child's learning at home, and for all our class news please see our class blog https://wattonbadgers.wordpress.com/
- Parents Information Evening - please click here for Powerpoint display
- Class Curriculum Click here for our Autumn leaflet
Click here for our Spring leaflet
Click here for our Summer leaflet
Click here for an overview of the year
Here is an example of what our week might look like:
Parent View is a survey run by Ofsted to gain feedback about your school. Please click on the link below and spend a couple of minutes answering 12 questions about how you view our school. Thank you.http://www.parentview.ofsted.gov.uk/
Useful website: www.topmarks.co.uk (maths games)
- The E-safety Newsletter is available here.