Welcome to the Beckham class page. Our PE day is Wednesday.
Beckhams (Year 5)
Our class was to be named after an inspirational sports person. We had a class discussion about what made a sports person inspirational and decided that we wanted somebody who had made a change in the world as well as excelling in their sport. After research and a class vote, we decided we wanted to be named after David Beckham OBE.
Our teacher is Mr Ring. Our Teaching Assistant is Mrs Allman. Mrs Gill teaches us Art and DT and one English lesson a week.
HOME LEARNING SPRING 2021
Week 3 - 18.1.21 - Home learning resources
- PE: Currently, Outdoor PE will take place on a Wednesday. Please send your child into school in their PE kits and remove jewellery if they are unable to remove it themselves.
- Reading: Please remember to keep reading with your child every night. Even if they are able readers please ask them questions and discuss what they are reading. We would like children to read at least 5 times a week (this will include using Reading Plus.) Just a quick note in their reading record book, together with a parent/carer signature, will earn them rewards such as house points.
- Homework will be given out on a Friday to be completed and returned by the following Wednesday. Please ensure your child completes all of their homework every week.
- Spelling: Spelling test on Thursday.
Autumn Term 1 Curriculum map (click on link)
Autumn Term 1 Homework choices (click on link)
Autumn Term 2 Homework choices (click on link)
- Class Blog for more information on how you can support your child's learning at home, and for all our class news please see our class blog https://wattonbadgers.wordpress.com/
- Parents Information Evening - please click here for Powerpoint display
- Class Curriculum Click here for our Autumn leaflet
Click here for our Spring leaflet
Click here for our Summer leaflet
Click here for an overview of the year
Here is an example of what our week might look like:
Parent View is a survey run by Ofsted to gain feedback about your school. Please click on the link below and spend a couple of minutes answering 12 questions about how you view our school. Thank you.http://www.parentview.ofsted.gov.uk/
Useful website: www.topmarks.co.uk (maths games)
- The E-safety Newsletter is available here.