Welcome to the Beckham class page. Our PE day is Wednesday.
Beckhams (Year 5)
Our class was to be named after an inspirational sports person. We had a class discussion about what made a sports person inspirational and decided that we wanted somebody who had made a change in the world as well as excelling in their sport. After research and a class vote, we decided we wanted to be named after David Beckham OBE.
Our teacher is Mr Ring. Our Teaching Assistant is Miss Knott. Mrs Gill teaches us Art and DT and one English lesson a week.
- PE: Currently, Outdoor PE will take place on a Wednesday. Please send your child into school in their PE kits and remove jewellery if they are unable to remove it themselves.
- Reading: Please remember to keep reading with your child every night. Even if they are able readers please ask them questions and discuss what they are reading. We would like children to read at least 5 times a week (this will include using Reading Plus.) Just a quick note in their reading record book, together with a parent/carer signature, will earn them rewards such as house points.
- Homework will be given out on a Friday to be completed and returned by the following Wednesday. Please ensure your child completes all of their homework every week.
- Spelling: Spelling test on Thursday.
Autumn Term 1 Curriculum map (click on link)
Autumn Term 1 Homework choices (click on link)
BADGERS (YEAR 4)
We have returned to school in our unique bubbles after a long lockdown period. Our experiences were all very different during this time and as we have reunited we have created a puzzle showing that despite the separation we belong together.
The Twits, by Roald Dahl - read by Mrs Bunce
- The twits Part 1
- The Twits Part 2
- The Twits part 3
- The Twits Part 4
- The Twits Part 5
- The Twits, part 6
- The Twits, part 7
- The Twits, part 8
- The Twits, part 9
- The Twits, part 10
- The Twits, part 11
- The Twits, part 12
- The Twits, finale.
Story TIme: Poetry:
Roald Dahl - The Witches- Chapter two (Part 1) Who is looking at the moon tonight- Brenda Williams
Home learning pack:
Week 5 Year 4 Home Learning
Week 9 Year 4 Home Learning
Week 10 Year 4 Home Learning
Week 13 Year 4 Home Learning
Week 14 Year 4 Home Learning
Week 15 Year 4 Home Learning
- PE is on a Thursday (swimming) and Friday, please ensure that the children have their PE kit (including trainers or plimsolls) in every day. No earrings please.
- Homework will be sent home every Friday and should be returned by the following Wednesday. This is to be completed in their homework book. Any homework completed should be neatly presented in this book, just as it would be in their school books. There will be a choice of 9 tasks each week, and they should complete at least 5 by half term.
- Spellings to learn in preparation for a test the following Friday. These can be learnt in whatever way they like. A booklet was sent home last year of activities they could do to help with the learning of their spellings.
- Reading a school book or a book of their choice at home. As many the children are on much longer books with smaller print, this may be just a few pages each night. Children are expected to read at least fives times a week and this should be recorded in their Home Reading Book by an adult. Please do listen to your children read as often as possible and ask them questions about the text. We check all reading records on Mondays and Wednesdays.
- Practising multiplication tables: Children will be learning tables off by heart in class with songs, games, puzzles, etc. We use Times Table Rockstars 5 times a week to test their knowledge. As they become more confident, they start to learn the inverse (division) facts. You can access TTRockstars at home at https://ttrockstars.com/.
- Our residential trip to Hudnall Park has been booked for 15th - 17th July 2019. More information will be sent out soon.
- Class Blog for more information on how you can support your child's learning at home, and for all our class news please see our class blog https://wattonbadgers.wordpress.com/
- Parents Information Evening - please click here for Powerpoint display
- Class Curriculum Click here for our Autumn leaflet
Click here for our Spring leaflet
Click here for our Summer leaflet
Click here for an overview of the year
Here is an example of what our week might look like:
Parent View is a survey run by Ofsted to gain feedback about your school. Please click on the link below and spend a couple of minutes answering 12 questions about how you view our school. Thank you.http://www.parentview.ofsted.gov.uk/
Useful website: www.topmarks.co.uk (maths games)
- The E-safety Newsletter is available here.