WELCOME TO SHEPHERD Class (Year 4)
All our classes are named after inspirational people from Hertfordshire. Our class name has been inspired by one of the most famous lady aeronauts/parachutists, Dolly Shepherd. Shepherd was described as being fearless and we have chosen her because she symbolises taking risks and believing in yourself – an important message for all learners. Dolly Shepherd was known as the “Edwardian Lady Parachutist” at the beginning of the 20th century and went down in history with an extraordinary rescue in 1908. She was born in Potters Bar, Hertfordshire (19th November 1886) and is therefore a local inspirational person.
Mrs Gill (Class Teacher)
Mrs Bunce (Class TA)
Miss Ramirez (HLTA)
PE days - Tuesdays (indoors) and
- PE: Our PE days are Tuesdays (indoors) and Thursdays (outdoors). Please send your child to school in their PE kits and remove jewellery if they are unable to remove it themselves.
- Reading: Please listen to your child read at least five times a week. Talk about what they are reading and ask questions about their book. You can use the bookmark questions we have sent you (also available to download using the link above). Home Reading Record Books will be checked once weekly and your child can earn house points if they read at least five times or more. Thank you for your support with this.
- Homework: Homework will be sent out on a Friday and Homework Books need to be returned to school the following Wednesday. Please see School Homework Policy homework-policy-2023.doc
- Spellings/times tables: Spelling and times tables tests will take place on Friday and your child's weekly score will be sent home in their Homework Book.
- Water Bottles: These should be brought into school daily and taken home to be washed.
TT Rock Stars - Please encourage your child to use TT Rock Stars to revise their times tables.
Purple mash - Your child can log on at home to complete extra work or to practise their times tables.
Year 4 Multiplication Tables Check - The children will be completing their Year 4 multiplication check in June 2024. To ensure that they are fully prepared, we will be regularly practising multiplication facts in class. To support this at home, you can access TTrockstars at www.ttrockstars.com, practise games at www.purplemash.co.uk or practise a check using an example on www.timestables.co.uk