Herons (Year 5)
Our teacher is Ms Dowie. Our Teaching Assistant is Mrs Stevens. Ms Ramirez teaches us RE and PSHE.
- PE: Please ensure that your child has their PE kit (including trainers or plimsolls) in school every day. No earrings please.
- Reading: Please remember to keep reading with your child every night. Even if they are able readers please ask them questions and discuss what they are reading. We would like children to read at least 5 times a week. Just a quick note in their reading record book, together with a parent/carer signature, will earn them rewards such as house points.
- Homework will be given out on a Friday to be completed and returned by the following Wednesday. Please ensure your child completes all of their homework every week, see homework choices in their homework book. It is an important part of the learning process as it consolidates what they have been working on in class each week. On occasions we refer to the homework back in class to help with learning.
- Spelling: Spelling test on Thursday.
Class Blog for more information on how you can support your child's learning at home, and for all our Class News please click here. https://wattonherons.wordpress.com/
- Class Curriculum
- Spring term Curriculum Map
- Parents Information Meeting
- E-Safety Newsletter
- Weekly Timetable
- Year 5 Suggested Reading List
- Year 5 Homework Letter
- Year 5 Spring 1 Homework
Click on the following for help and ideas of how to help your child at home......
Useful KS2 Weblinks
English Reading Writing Spelling and Grammar
Science Living Things Materials Physical Processes