PE days are Wednesday and Friday
Rabbits (Year 1) Our Teacher is Miss Smith
and our Teaching Assistants are Mrs Lee and Mrs Phillips
Click on the following for help and ideas of how to help your child at home......
- Writing instructions – How to plant a seed.
- Poetry (performing and writing) – linked to plants and animals
- Story writing – The enormous turnip, The Magic porridge pot, different versions of Jack and the beanstalk.
- Phonics and spellings – daily phonics and spelling rules – spelling test each week
- To learn about food from around the world.
- To compare farming in different countries.
- To find out how farming has changed throughout the years.
- Using art to research the history of farming.
- How was food rationed during the war?
Plants and food
- Identify and name a variety of common wild and garden plants, including deciduous and evergreen trees
- Identify and describe the basic structure of a variety of common flowering plants, including trees
- Find out and describe how plants need water, light and a suitable temperature to grow and stay healthy
- Performing simple tests, identifying and classifying, gathering and recording data to help in answering questions
- Investigate how to make butter
- Investigate how to card and spin fleece
- Healthy diets (DT)
Use paint to create a poster -parts of a plant.
Scratch Jnr – to begin to explore coding
Gym - Orienteering
Outdoor - Athletics
Use artwork to gather historical evidence about farming (how do we know).
To recreate famous pieces of art (flowers) e.g. Andy Warhol printing and Van Gogh’s Sunflowers.
Clay work –to make a Buddhist lotus flower.
To create a healthy plate of food / packed lunch / fruit salad.
BBC Music – Food Fest
The children will explore pitch, timbre, duration, syncopation and tempo through a themed unit all about food. We will also learn songs about parts of a plant, how plants grow and add instruments to accompany songs like Old MacDonald had a farm.
Buddhism - To hear the story of Buddha and other Buddhist stories.
Begin to understand: the eight-fold path, 5
moral precepts, the festival of Wesak.
PSHE – say no to Bullying / Changes
(We will also be following our new ‘Jigsaw’ scheme of work)
Reading a school book, please record in yellow Home Reading Book. ( A school reward will be given to those who read 5 times a week.)
Spellings - Please learn for a test on the Friday.
Latest School Calendar Events
- PGL Trip - Year 6 - W/C 1st July01Jul2019
- KS1 and KS2 Sports Day08Jul2019
- Hudnall Park Residential - Yr 410Jul2019
- Secondary transfer day11Jul2019
- End of year show - Years 5 and 6 - 6pm16Jul2019
- PE is on Wednesday and Friday. Please can you ensure PE kit is in school these days, including trainers or plimsolls. No earrings please.
- Lunch boxes please make sure they are put on the Yr1 trolley in the corridor next to Owls class before registration.
- Homework is due in on Wednesday, so that the following weeks spellings can be stuck in, and will be sent home again on Friday.
- Class Blog for more information on how you can support your child's learning at home please see our class blog wattonrabbits.wordpress.com
- Class Curriculum Click here for our leaflet.
- Parents Information Evening - please click here for Powerpoint display
- Parent View is a survey run by Ofsted to gain feedback about your school. Please click on the link below and spend a couple of minutes answering 12 questions about how you view our school. Thank you. http://www.parentview.ofsted.gov.uk/